MAKING A SCENE

I will take requests. Requests can be pretty much anything from you'd like your name used for a character, or you want me to use a specific line of dialog in an upcoming scene, or maybe you just want to read a scene from a horror movie. Either way I would like to encourage you to give me your feedback and join in on discussions.

PICTURES OF YOU

House. A teen looking thru a box of old pictures. Mom hoovering.

MOM: Don't steal any of those.

TEEN: Steal? Why would I steal pictures of myself? I could sell them on Ebay. Bet I could make a killing, people are always looking for 10 year old Polaroids of complete strangers. I'm not going steal any of them, alright? I told you, I just need a couple for a school project.

MOM: Well don't take any of them permanently.

TEEN: Like stealing them, I got it.

MOM: Some of them are very dear to me.

TEEN: What is this?

MOM: What?

TEEN: This! My head is missing! Did you cut my head out of a family picture?

MOM: Of course not.

TEEN: There's more! There's at least 10 pictures in here with either my head or my whole body cut out.

MOM: I don't know how that could be. Maybe I did it for a scrapbook awhile back.

TEEN: Why just me?

MOM: Honestly, I don't recall.

TEEN: You literally cut me out of the family!

MOM: Okay. Yes. I did.

TEEN: Why?

MOM: Because I was angry with you.

TEEN: So you cut me out of the family pictures.

MOM: What would you rather I do? Ground you? Hit you?

TEEN: What did I do?

MOM: I don't remember. It was years ago.

TEEN: I can't believe you'd do that. I'm like six years old in this picture.

MOM: Well we were both very upset, your father and I. He took you out of the will.

TEEN: I did something so terrible that Dad took me out of the will and you cut me out of the family pictures, but you can't remember what it was?

MOM: They say 'forgive and forget' and that's what we did. Once we calmed down, your father put you back in the will. And I would have repaired the pictures also had I not burnt the removed portions in an old soup can.

TEEN: You did that?

MOM: Well of course I feel awful about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment