MAKING A SCENE

I will take requests. Requests can be pretty much anything from you'd like your name used for a character, or you want me to use a specific line of dialog in an upcoming scene, or maybe you just want to read a scene from a horror movie. Either way I would like to encourage you to give me your feedback and join in on discussions.

THOUGHTS OF... AN EGOIST

EGOIST: The world does revolves around me. It's not a statement of narcissism, just an acknowledgement of fact. Don't worry, I already know you don't agree-- in your mind you are the center of the universe, of course you'll claim otherwise, but were it not such a social faux-pas, you'd readily admit it. God forbid someone should think you're conceited, or vain, or self-absorbed. Everyone hates an egotist-- but claiming that your world does not revolve around you is like saying you'd rather climb a mountain wearing roller skates. Everyone is self-absorbed. What else is there to be absorbed about? Who you are? What you are? How people see you? It's all self-centered. Think of someone, anyone; a priest, a rabbi, Mother Teresa-- if you think that they are without selfishness, you're wrong. Yeah, there is nothing self-fulfilling or egotistical in believing you're doing God's work, or saving souls, or that you're adored and revered for being righteous and holy. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. Obviously a lot of good can come from it, but don't think for a second that they don't get anything back. Look, I'm only concerned with myself because it's the only person I can truly control or change. Sure you can do nice things for others, but ultimately all you're really doing is giving yourself nice feelings, and if you don't need those feelings to feel self-worth, why do 'em? Is it so terrible that I don't need those validation to like myself? I don't expect you to understand, it's like me telling a diabetic to just make insulin-- it's just not how you're made, oh well. They say you got to be comfortable in your own skin, right?! The only person we always have to be around is ourselves. When this conversation is done I'll walk out that door unchanged, and you may think 'what a jerk' and I won't care at all. I don't know what tell you, that's just how my world spins.

No comments:

Post a Comment