MAKING A SCENE

I will take requests. Requests can be pretty much anything from you'd like your name used for a character, or you want me to use a specific line of dialog in an upcoming scene, or maybe you just want to read a scene from a horror movie. Either way I would like to encourage you to give me your feedback and join in on discussions.

JACK & DIANE

Drive-in. Backseat of a red convertible.

JACK: What are you thinking about?

DIANE: I'm not thinking about anything. I'm trying to watch the movie Jackie.

JACK: Don't call me Jackie. My mom calls me Jackie.

DIANE: So?

JACK: So you're my girlfriend, not my mom. Let's not try to blur the lines. You each have your roles.

DIANE: I have rolls? Are you calling me fat?

JACK: No. Stop it. I just don't want you to be like my mom.

DIANE: You don't like your mom?! Is it because she has rolls?

JACK: I'm about ready to punch you in the face.

DIANE: Do it.

JACK: I love my mom.

DIANE: Good, 'cause I couldn't be with anyone who didn't love their mom. Sigmund Freud says men eventually marry woman that remind them of their moms.

JACK: You're grossing me out.

DIANE: The thought of marrying me grosses you out?

JACK: That's not what I'm saying.

DIANE: Alright.

JACK: You're mad.

DIANE: No, I'm trying to watch the movie.

JACK: Are you sure?

DIANE: You know, I'm not sure. I suppose it is possible I am the only teenage girl in the world who doesn't know when she's angry. Let me get in touch with my emotions and I'll get back with you.

JACK: Are you trying to piss me off?

DIANE: I was going for 'turn you off', but yeah I am a little.

JACK: Why?

DIANE: Because you asked me what I was thinking, which is to say 'I hope you're thinking what I'm thinking', and I know what your thinking, and I'm not thinking that. You're a seventeen year old boy-- everyone knows what you're thinking. You're thinking let's run off behind a shady tree, get me out of these Bobby Brooks, and have your way with me.

JACK: (pause) No I wasn't.

***Scene inspired (obviously) by John Mellencamp's Jack and Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment