MAKING A SCENE

I will take requests. Requests can be pretty much anything from you'd like your name used for a character, or you want me to use a specific line of dialog in an upcoming scene, or maybe you just want to read a scene from a horror movie. Either way I would like to encourage you to give me your feedback and join in on discussions.

SNOWED IN

Surpisingly crowded bar. Woman enters covered in snow.

ABBY: Mind if I have a seat?

NIXON: Don't mind. Stuck in the snow?

ABBY: Me and everybody else. Probably the most action this place has seen since the 20's.

NIXON: Not for long. I heard they're gonna re-open the road here soon.

ABBY: Huh, didn't even now it was closed. I'm stuck in a ditch half a mile back. I'm Abby by the
way.

NIXON: Nice to meet you Abby. I'm Nixon.

ABBY: After Dick Nixon?

NIXON: Would I admit it? (laugh) Nah, it's my last name. Henry Nixon everyone one just calls me Nixon.

ABBY: So where were you heading Nixon?

NIXON: Essex county. Still heading there, just delayed a little.

ABBY: What for?

NIXON: Business.

ABBY: What kind of business?

NIXON: Unfinished business.

ABBY: O--Kay.

NIXON: I don't really wanna talk about it.

ABBY: No kidding. Sorry, I wasn't trying to pry, just curious. I use to live in Essex county.

NIXON: That where you're headed?

ABBY: Yeah, I've still got friends and family there. Try to visit when I can.

NIXON: If you're cold, the bartender was bringing around hot tea earlier, probably still has some
behind the counter. Would ya like a cup?

ABBY: No thanks. I think I'm gonna try and head back out here pretty soon, try and dig myself out, and head on my way again. Just needed to find a phone. I'm anxious. It's been awhile since I've seen some of the people back there.

NIXON: You need a tow? I got an all wheel drive pick-up out there with ropes, cables, and chains.

ABBY: No-no. I'll just call someone to come out.

NIXON: Sure, but that'll take forever especially in this weather. Probably set you back a fair penny as well.

ABBY: I appreciate the offer, but I'll be alright.

NIXON: Either you let me help you or you call a tow truck, giving you plenty of time to have some tea with me. What do ya say? I just wanna help. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment