MAKING A SCENE

I will take requests. Requests can be pretty much anything from you'd like your name used for a character, or you want me to use a specific line of dialog in an upcoming scene, or maybe you just want to read a scene from a horror movie. Either way I would like to encourage you to give me your feedback and join in on discussions.

FREE MEAL

At a restaurant.

BARRETT: Thank you for agreeing to meet with me Mr. Olsen.

OLSEN: A free meal at a fancy restaurant with a lawyer; it's really an even split, but your paralegal did some nice work. This is my favorite place to eat.

BARRETT: Oh yeah? What's good?

OLSEN: To start with? The wine. (calling to a waiter) A bottle Chateau Margaux please.

BARRETT: A wine connoisseur.

OLSEN: Nah. I just like to get drunk when I talk about business, makes all the b-s that much more stomach-able. Let's get started.

BARRETT: I take it you don't like lawyers.

OLSEN: Alright I'll start us off. Your firms services have been retained by a notable client, who wishes to remain anonymous, to open talks regarding the acquitions of my business: trying to find out my prices? How close am I?

BARRETT: Without even looking at your books my client is prepared to offer you compensation far above than of market value.

Barrett hands him a sealed envelope.

OLSEN: So official.

BARRETT: The offer expires in two weeks.

OLSEN: I only need two seconds. No deal.

BARRETT: You didn't even open it.

OLSEN: You think I'm crazy.

BARRETT: Foolish.

OLSEN: Foolish is trying to solve a moralistic problem with a montary solution.

BARRETT: Your morally against selling your company?

OLSEN: No. I'm morally against selling my company to your client. I started this company with the express purpose of toppling your Goliath, so it would be incredibly foolish to surrender now that they're only beginning to feel threatened by my stone throwing. In fact, I am prepared to make an offer to acquire your clients business. It may not be exactly what they're looking for, but I really feel it is fair solution.

Olsen hands him a blank napkin.

The waiter approaches.

OLSEN: I'll have the three tailed lobster.

BARRETT: How do you see this ending?

OLSEN: With dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment